Friday 23 February 2007

A new kind of "friend"

A good female friend of mine (fbf) is one of the few people that know everything that goes on in my life. She has, recently, coined a term for the people I visit outside of my normal circle.

She has named them "friends".

These are people that I have either met and am shagging or people that I pay for sex. She thinks that by calling them "friends" (you can hear the speech marks when she says it) that she can talk about them in very public places.

Only last week we were sitting in a bar having a drink when she asked rather loudly if I had made any new "friends" recently.

All I can say is that I think 99% of people listening in would know exactly what kind of "friend" she is talking about. How is that that women can be so subtle in some ways and so obvious in other ways?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

just because we can.

Seth said...

Ooooh that's not fair. Pulling the "just because we can" line.

Although if you are a pretty woman then that line does seem to work.

Damn!

Anonymous said...

it can sometimes, SOMETIMES work for guys. but you need practice! it's an art form you know.x.

Seth said...

Is that an offer to teach me?

Anonymous said...

no!! that would be a betrayal to all women who have perfected it! men have to learn on their own. it's like learning to walk in high heels! would you want to learn that?

Seth said...

I don't think I'd look good in high heels. My legs are far too hairy.